Wednesday 8 May 2013

Flat Tyre.

Today was one of those days when I probably should of either stayed in bed or at the very best stayed indoors. I began the morning yelling at the kids and then feeling guilty, emotional and dreadful as they left for school.....Bad Bad Mummy

Then I managed to smash not 1 but 2 glasses on the kitchen floor putting the dog into a near nervous breakdown as he ran around the house shaking violently and crying in terror.

Next on the agenda was my inability to walk down the stairs carrying a pile of washing without falling off the bottom step. CRASH!!! I went as I landed with a thud on the floor...."Woof" went the dog as he tap danced around me whilst still shaking.

Then came the headline act .....I dragged myself off to the gym to try and do some good and felt quite happy with myself as I not only managed the gym but then went for a swim as well. As I left I stupidly commented to the Manager "Phew...I feel more human now, hopefully my day will get better now"..........WRONG.....WRONG.....WRONG!!!

As I reached the car I noticed a little yellow snail on my passenger door and thought how I should put it somewhere safe so that it didn't get thrown off as I whizzed down the bypass .Suddenly a voice said "Oh...Glad you've seen it, I was just about to come over".........A man had approached me and I realised he wasn't talking about the snail....I did in fact have a very, very, very flat tyre........................

I then had a complete feeble woman moment and had no clue what to do.......I sat for what seemed like ages trying to figure out who I should ring...........The Husband was less than sympathetic as he quizzed me on how I had done it and why hadn't I noticed it. I left him to ring the AA and sat in my car feeling like I might have a little tantrum any minute.

Just as tears started to spring to my eyes a face appeared at the window "Hello...You alright" The manager of the gym said. "Ermmm....Not really.....I've got a flat tyre and have no idea what to do" I replied feeling like a total prat. "Don't worry" he said "I will get some of the maintenance men to come and put your spare on" it was at this moment I wasn't sure whether it was appropriate to kiss a gym instructor or just say thank you....I decided on the latter and watched as he radioed in an emergency call to my rescuers...................................................... I watched as a blur appeared in the distance.....Could it be van filled with hunky men in small shorts with tool belts.......Was it a car with guys like the one from the Diet Coke advert all glistening with sweat from working so hard................No..............It was not......................It was a golf buggy with 3 blokes young enough to be my son with dreadlocks and baggy trousers on....................My fantasy was short lived but I was so incredibly grateful that really I wouldn't of cared if The Chuckle Brothers had arrived.

They very kindly changed my wheel and even put all my reusable bags back in the boot for me. I waved them goodbye as they sped of at 2mph and thanked them again feeling very lucky that I had been parked and not driving when it had happened.

The Husband was less than impressed at having to cancel the now on route AA man and continued to lecture me on the art of avoiding punctures in the future   Blah Blah Blah........

I in turn wound him up by telling him that I had left the punctured wheel propped up against a hedge and hadn't realised that I needed to bring it home with me.....................Haven't managed to tell him I was only joking...............................Whoops!!!!!

I'm off to take a course in car maintenance

Lots of Love
Me
xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear, definitely sounds like one of those days so I didn't giggle AT ALL at your misfortune. I can't be smug though. Does this sound familiar? http://www.distressedhousewife.co.uk/one-of-those-days

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day! Glad it ended with a smile on your face though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! I have days rather like this too :( Brilliant wind up on your husband, will have to remember that one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. although not funny i couldnt help chuckling as this kind of meltdown is so some thing that would happened to me! so glad it turned out well! xxx

    Thanks for linking up with #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could so see myself in your predicament!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for all of your lovely comments. I fully understand why some of you may of laughed as I did too later on xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you were able to laugh later - it's usually the best medicine on days like these!! Thank you for linking up to Magic Moments xx

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx