Tuesday 20 August 2013

Love You.

The nerves are kicking in, I cant sleep, cant think straight for any more than a few minutes.......Its there in the front of my head.............Its nearly Thursday.....................................Almost time for The Teenager to get her GCSE results......................

Why the hell I am so nervous is anyone's guess, I suppose its because I know how much hard work, blood, sweat, tears and tantrums we have endured over the past year. I know how much she wants to do well and how happy she will be if she gets the results she wants. I have no training in this type of situation and no clue how to deal with the outcome if it isn't great (fingers crossed and knocking on wood it wont come to that).

She has asked me to come with her instead of going with her friends to open that dreaded envelope and I have told her that I would be honoured to go along as long as she doesn't feel embarrassed to have me there.............Her words to me will stay with me forever "Mum......Of course I want you there. These are your results as much as they are mine. We did this together". The lump in my throat swelled up to the size of an orange as I choked back the tears.

All the time and patience, endless cups of tea, snacks and shopping trips to relax are hopefully going to pay off and we can relax for a couple of weeks before she begins another adventure. Its so strange watching your eldest embark on yet another chapter in her own story book, its like she's turning the pages far too quickly for me to keep up with and I want to scream "STOP"......"WAIT"......."I'M NOT READY FOR YOU TO TURN THE PAGE YET". I know I cant and I just have to speed read or else get left behind in all her exciting plans for the future.

So, here we go folks..................Another stage in a Teens life for me to write about, cherish and advise anyone that wants some pre-knowledge about the life cycle of a Teen.

Good luck to all those kids opening that big white envelope on Thursday. And a special Good Luck to my gorgeous daughter who continues to make us proud every day of her life. You are as always the biggest achievement I have ever made.......................Love You xxxx

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful. x

    All the best for your lovely daughter on Thursday.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, I will pass on your best wishes to her xxxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post and best wishes to your daughter (and to you too!).What a lovely girl she sounds.

    http://asaucystitch.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special time to share, hope it is all your daughter has dreamed of x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you and your daughter and I hope this chapter ends on a happy note x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure she will do real well Sam, she's a chip off the old block!! Margie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my that is so lovely, she is a credit to you & no matter the results, you will be just as proud of her I am sure, I have a few yrs until we get to this stage, good luck on Thursday, I bet she does well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eldest daughter opens hers too tomorrow - oh the nerves! I know it's not the be all and end all but they can make such a difference to their lives ahead that it's hard not to fret. All the best for her for tomorrow (and you x)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, made me well up reading this! Good Luck to you both for Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! It feels like yesterday that I was collecting those results myself. I was terrified but needn't have been. I remember crying with relief and just how proud my parents were. I should say it is now over half my life ago lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck to your beautiful daughter though it sounds that regardless of results she's already a success x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh exciting time for you both! Good luck!!!

    Thanks for linking up with this weeks #MMWBH xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! I know it's today, so I hope you both got the results you were hoping for!


    Got here through #BlogLoveDay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, what lovely comments from you all. Thankyou so much for all of your be best wishes. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous post Sam, you must be so proud of your daughter. You clearly have a great relationship and however she does I have no doubt that she will always feel encouraged and loved. How did she do by the way?! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am please to say that she got 5A*, 2 A's and 2 B's. We are all so proud of her we could burst. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done to your daughter!!! fantastic results xx

      Delete
  16. Aww how lovely. So nice that she wants you by her side at such an important moment in her life - the nerves you feel are inevitable! Our fingers are crossed for you both, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. aaw, my brother has just had the same week with his eldest daughter. We're so proud of her too - 4xA*, 3xA and 1xB - looks like we're all celebrating this week #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have just read this with a huge lump in my throat at your daughter's words to you. She'll have had the results by now. I truly hope all her hard work was rewarded. Popping over from #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww so lovely! My son invited me to go and get his AS level results - I think I was more nervous than him! 3 A's (can't get A* at AS level) and we now embark on uni applications. Including Cambridge. Gulp.
    It sounds like you have a great relationship with your daughter- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i do hope the results were what was expected xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous post! What a lovely thing for your daughter to say. Think I missed this when I was on holiday, so I'm grateful to Suzanne for highlighting in her Friday Favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This all sounds so familiar...my girl got her A level results this summer, and is off to uni soon. Daunting and exciting, and sort of unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely tribute to your daughter. I just read the update in the comments so congratulations too! #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I knew after reading this that her results would be in the comments somewhere! She did great - well done! And what a lovely post, I hope my daughter will have the same relationship with me when she gets her results one day. Thank you for linking to PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful post to read, and amazing results - all that hard work really did pay off :o) well done to both of you!! I know it'll be me in the blink of an eye and my eldest is only starting reception this week... #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful post. And she did SOOOO well!! How fantastic is that? Love the way she said they're your results as much as hers....big celebration time i'm sure it was this weekend....? Sx

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx