I however am not glum and have chosen to be happy and excited about the new year in front of me. I make it a habit not to make New Years Resolutions, mainly because Will Power is not a super power that I possess. I do instead make a list of things I will try hard "NOT" to do........................
I solemnly swear that I The 40 Year Old Domestic Goddess WILL NOT.....
1. Wash socks that are rolled into a tightly bound balls, if they want them washed they are going to have to unravel their little bombs of dirtiness.
2. Buy carrier bags from big high street names any more. My car is filled to the rim with reusable canvas ones and I just forget to take them with me. These big shops might claim to have the environments best interests at heart but lets face it if we all pay 5p for a shockingly awful wafer thin excuse of a carrier bag then its just extra in their pockets.
3. Stop eating chocolate.....Even though today marks the start of my heath kick for 2014. I refuse to believe that anything that tastes that good can be so bad.
4. Make excuses to why I cant go to the gym. I will admit that it is my least favourite place in the world but I need to bite the bullet and get a grip if I want to look like Kelly Brook by July.
5. Put off getting my eyes tested.....This is mainly due to suddenly realising that I am as blind as a bat and quite frankly I am amazed that any of this bog pist makes sense at all (sorry couldn't resist).
6. Worry about things that are beyond my control. As a self proclaimed control freak this is going to be a tricky one so we will see how it goes and whether or not I can actually stick to my word.............
7. Give up my dream of writing and publishing a book or having my own column in a magazine....ONE DAY.
8. And Finally.................................Ever stop being a crazy, insane, fun, slightly bonkers Mum. I refuse to be boring just so I don't "embarrass" the kids. One day they will look back at how much we laughed (admittedly its mainly at my expense) and smile at what a fun life we all had together under one roof.
So, there we go................................My 2014 list of "I Will Not's". Have a think and let me know what you will not stop doing this year...................Its harder than you think.
Happy New Year you gorgeous lot
I am linking this post up with the truly lovely Jaime over at .......
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3886095/?claim=vwajrtnhjm9">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>