Sunday 19 June 2016

10 Question Challenge..........

I was recently sent a questionnaire from a friend.......Oh God I thought, another load of questions about nothing. I will admit I was wrong. They really made me think................In fact they made me think so much I thought I would share them with you. 
1. When were you last really scared ?
That's an easy one............It was the other night whilst Mr DG was away and I had very stupidly watched an episode of Luther. Suddenly whilst half asleep I heard a bang outside, I sat bolt upright in bed and looked around for someone more adultier (I'm not sure that's a word and spell check doesn't like it) than me......................Realising very quickly that I was the most grown up one in the house I woke the Teen up and made him come downstairs with me.....................No idea what it was..............................We decided not to open the back door.
2. When you were growing up what was your dream job ?
My dream job as a child changed on a regular basis and ranged from wanting to be a Nun to a Dolphin Trainer. I once told a guy in a nightclub I was CID..............He didn't hang around for long.
3. If you could wake up in somebody else body tomorrow who would it be ?
Definitely Victoria Beckham...........Only so I could eat what ever I wanted all day (that woman needs a good meal)........Give David a kiss and ring the press so I could give them some shots of me smiling.
4. Your favourite piece of music ?
My favourite piece has to be Debussy Clair De Lune due to having my daughter to it, unfortunately my son was born to the Damien Omen music.....................Seriously, it really was.
5. Fondest childhood memory ?
That's easy, running from pretend giants with my beloved Dangrad (Granddad) and hiding behind some enormous Oak tress laughing until our sides hurt. I remember trying to recreate it once with my kids who looked at me as if I had lost the plot...................Maybe at 15 and 18 they were a bit old but the dog loved it.
6. If you could be any age for a week what would it be ?
I think I would like to be 17 again, just so I could make something of myself rather than wasting it on partying. 
7. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning ?
"Oh crap..... I haven't tumble dried the Teens PE kit............." How sad is that. 
8. If you could have one superpower what would it be ?
I would like the ability to time travel.............................But.................I would like to be able to change it without the massive consequences Dr Who talks about. 
9. Best compliment ever received ?
The best compliment I have ever received was a few weeks ago after the sad death of Victoria Wood. A good friend replied to a comment I had made on FB saying that second to her I was the funniest person she knew and my stories always made her think of Victoria. RIP Vic you were my hero xxx
10. Favourite word ?
OK.........Sorry Mum...................I'm afraid my favourite word ever is "Vagina" followed closely by "Bollocks"...................God, I can almost hear the click as people log off in disgust. 
Now its your turn..............Choose one of the above questions and give an honest answer in the comment box.
Sorry about the use of the word Vagina............Oh no I said it again...............Bollocks!!!!!
Love 
Me
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Oh My God........You're back.......I am literally jumping with joy. Its made me week that The 40 Year Old DG is back in the land of blogging. My office will be thrilled too........Fridays just haven't been the same since you left, we even reverted to reading old ones of yours. FAB FAB FAB......Love Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am back.....YIPPPPEEEEEE...........You are so sweet and i am so glad your office will be happy again xxx

      Delete
  2. 1-can't remember recently. Do remember being terrified, as a kid, of going into a tunnel in case I saw that guy who broke his leg in the Railway Children..... come to think of it, I'm still scared of walking in disused railway tunnels!
    2-Air hostess, but wore glasses so would never achieve that
    3-probably yours, it always sounds as if you have fun!
    4-Difficult. Like you Clair de lune, or Greensleeves, or Getshwin's Rhapsody in Blue
    5-mind gone blank, there are so many....trying on all the lady passengers' shoes when we return by boat from Argentina when I was 4. Apparently I was very polite & always asked "soused me, can I try your shoes"
    6-32. That's when I moved in with Chris. I was confident, slim & supremely happy
    7-it's sun shining, in my face, wonderful
    8-ability to use Hermione's time turner thingy. I often need to be able to do several things all at the same time, in different places
    9-you telling me I'm gorgeous
    10-home......or Nebacunezzar (not practical, can't spell it but love the sound of it!)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww love number 3 and 9. Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Still can't get over you turning up in Bath the other weekend to see M in her play.......I actually had a small cry about it afterwards xxx

      Delete
  3. One superpower? Right now it would be see inside my daughter's head! But actually, I think it would be to become invisible whenever I wanted. How cool would that be?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you do my darling, thank you so much for leaving a comment. Lots of DG hugs xxxx

      Delete
  4. So glad that I've discovered your fabulous blog. You do realise that I'm now going to aspire to write as well as you don't you!!! I'm rapidly making notes now to blog the answers to those none too easy questions. This could take time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigitte, i am glad we fought each other. We have the WI to thank for that. Looking forward to seeing your blog xxxxx

      Delete
  5. I think so too.......Here they are again just in case anyone missed them......VAGINA, BOLLOCKS

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx